Maintaining a well–balanced diet is one of the most important components of staying healthy. With autumn quickly approaching and cold weather right around the corner I thought it would be a great time to share with you some of the health benefits of the vegetables that we add to each of our meals!
• Broccoli is an exceptionally rich source of vitamin-C. Vitamin-C is a powerful natural anti-oxidant and immune modulator, which helps fight against flu causing viruses.
• Cauliflower is also an excellent source of vitamin C, a proven antioxidant that helps fight against harmful free radicals, boosts immunity and prevents from infections and cancers.
• Peas are one of the most nutritious leguminous vegetables, rich in health benefiting phyto-nutrients, minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants.
• Onions are a good source of antioxidant flavonoid quercetin, which is found to have anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-diabetic functions.
• Bell peppers contain an impressive list of plant nutrients that are known to have disease preventing and health promoting properties.
These are just a few of the delicious and nutritious veggies that we add to our meals! With that in mind, Eat up and stay healthy!
1(866) 735-0921 Ext:108