The average adult requires at least 6-8 hours of sleep a night (some need more). A lot of people do not realize how essential sleep is for a person’s health and well being. Lack of sleep can create insulin resistance, throw your appetite hormones out of whack and reduce your physical and mental performance.
Below are some tips to help you get a better night sleep…
1. Try to eliminate the stress in your life. Stress is the number one cause of lack of sleep.
2. Create a routine and follow it.
3. Your sleep environment shouldn’t be too hot or too cold.
4. Keep the room dark. Your body naturally creates melatonin when it is dark (which makes you sleepy).
5. Do not stimulate your mind by watching TV or playing on your smart phone in bed. Keep the TV and phone in a separate room.
6. Drink caffeine in moderation in the morning. Do not drink any caffeine in the evening.
7. Do not consume any alcohol just before you go to bed.
8. Exercising is a great thing…just don’t do it 20 minutes before you go to bed.
When you get a good nights sleep you feel better throughout the day. I hope these tips can help you.
Sweet dreams 🙂