Dry Ice Safety Tips…

Dry Ice is a frozen form of Carbon Dioxide that has a temperature of -109 degrees F.  Dry Ice is a great way to keep your meals cold in transit from Homestyle Direct’s facility to your front door.  When you receive your meals it is very important that you do not touch the Dry Ice with your bare hands.  Below are a few tips…

1. Never leave Dry Ice unattended.
2. Keep Dry Ice out of reach of children.
3. Wear protective eye wear and work gloves (oven mitt or towel will work) when you have to handle Dry Ice.
4. Never allow Dry Ice to come in contact with your skin.
5. Do not consume Dry Ice.
6. Dry Ice converts into Carbon Dioxide Gas.  If the Dry Ice is left in a confided area, the Carbon Dioxide Gas will displace that Oxygen and make it difficult to breath.
7. Allow the Dry Ice to dissipate in a well ventilated area.  Never put remaining Dry Ice down the sink, toilet or in the trash.
8. Do not leave Dry Ice on a tiled or solid surface countertop.  The extreme cold could crack the surface.
9. Seek medical help if needed.