Valentine’s Day is the international day of LOVE!! The 14th of February has millions across the world presenting their loved ones with candy, flowers, chocolates and other lovely gifts! If you want to add a personal touch to your Valentine’s Day, I have listed a fabulous cupcake recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart that will not only catch your loves eye but satisfy the sweet tooth as well!
Frosted Chocolate-Buttermilk Cupcakes
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-process
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 6 tablespoons buttermilk
• 1 large egg
• 1 large egg white
• Light Cream-Cheese Icing
• Candy decorations (optional-Candy hearts are a great choice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard 12-cup muffin tin (or two 6-cup muffin tins) with paper liners. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, combine cocoa and 3 tablespoons hot water until a thick paste forms (this process intensifies the chocolate flavor). Add butter, buttermilk, egg, and egg white; beat until combined. Whisk in flour mixture until smooth.
3. Scoop (or spoon) batter into prepared tin(s). Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Use an offset spatula or butter knife to spread icing over tops. Decorate as desired.
So whether you are staying in and watching a romantic movie (while eating cupcakes) or going on a date with your sweetheart we at Homestyle Direct wish you the happiest Valentine’s Day!