It is very important to stay hydrated during hot weather. It is important to make sure you drink around 9-13 cups of water per day. Below are a few tips…
1. Drink ice water first thing in the morning to help wake up.
2. Carry a water bottle throughout the day. Keep filling it up.
3. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink water. If you have to, set a timer to remind you to take a drink.
4. Avoid drinking alcohol, tea, coffee, and soda pop during the hot summer hours.
5. Monitor the color of your urine. If it is dark in color that is a sign of dehydration.
6. Have a glass of water with each meal.
7. Sometimes well or city water can leave a bad taste in your mouth. Get a filter that fits on your faucet or a filtered pitcher to filter your drinking water.
8. Enhance the flavor by adding lemon.