Uncover the truth about Alzheimer’s disease during Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month. Did you know:
- Alzheimer’s is fatal. It kills more than breast and prostate cancer combined.
- Alzheimer’s is not normal aging. It’s a progressive brain disease without any cure.
- Alzheimer’s is more than memory loss. It appears through a variety of signs and symptoms. Find out more at www.alz.org
Foods have shown to help or hinder brain health:
- ADD: apples with skin, Salmon, trout, walnuts, blueberries, brown rice, most fruits & vegetables, spinach, tea, tomatoes, and onions
- AVOID: saturated fat (< 4 gm in a meal), trans fat (totally), added sugars & syrups, and any grain that isn’t 100% whole grain
Being social and getting regular exercise are also shown to help maintain brain health.